Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Wait Is Over!!

What wait you may ask? Oh just the almost 2 year wait you have all had to endure anxiously anticipating my next blog post! AND IT'S FINALLY HERE! In 2010, way back in the day when I was living in Texas pursuing my education, I was persuaded into starting a blog, an online journal if you will, and that went... well? Well enough for the solid 20 posts I created. Recently I found myself thinking back on my blogging days and I got the urge to pick it back up! Again, we will see how long this last!

Now, I could spend some time in a lengthy post catching y'all up on my life these past months, which I may do to an extent, but I'd like to start fresh on the most recent events of my life and go forward from there!

Ok, well since last post I have done a few things! I have, most importantly, graduated my dental hygiene program in Texas and have since moved home, written 2 board exams, one in each country because you know, they clean teeth differently in Canada than in the US.. not. Oh well, couple of big tests, lots of studying, one big cross country road trip home from Texas to Canada filled with lots of memories, pictures and sketchy hotels. Moved home, then moved with the fam when they moved to a new house in Beaumont, and most recently moved out to a new place with some roommates! Side note, HATE moving. Packing, unpacking organizing, re organizing. Icky. In the future I may hire professionals for that job. Also I have a pretty nice boyfriend, his name is Tom. He scoped me out about 6 months ago, and has been hanging around ever since. What a creep hey? In that time I've learned that he's super sweet and thoughtful and handsome and wonderful and he currently is working in Calgary for the summer. So that part is sucky. But it's ok because you know what they say- Distance makes the heart grow fonder. Love grow stronger. Time feel longer? Whatever. I just don't know how he will survive without me. I have had a few Dental Hygiene jobs since coming home, the last of which turned out to be a great job that I really enjoy! I feel very lucky indeed to have found such a great job so close to home, full time and with great people. So that's kinda what I do these days, work. Cleaning teeth, saving lives. Living the dream. 

It seems surreal that I was ever living in Texas and that I ever did school there and had a Texas life. Looking back it went by way quick, and from reading my previous posts it may sound like I hated Texas and wanted nothing better than to be home, BUT in real life I miss it everyday so very much and would give anything to go back to visit. The last semester especially flew by probably because we knew that it was all coming to an end. In the midst of all of our schooling and studies we managed to have so much fun and make so many memories and experiences. I will never forget all that Texas taught me and how it helped make me into who I am today, not fully sure what I've been "made" into yet, but I know Texas helped :)

Now that I am a real grown up and have a real grown up job and a grown up life it becomes harder and harder to say "when I grow up I am gunna do this!" or, "when I'm a grown up I will do this" or "by the time I grow up I will have accomplished this, or be here in my life". Which I say a lot. And it's true, in the grand scheme of things I AM still young, but lets face it, this is real life, and I am more of a grown up today than I was yesterday and I am NOT getting any younger! So I have decided to live just like that, being a grown woman but also remember that I am still young and I have lots of growing up to do!!

Well I think that gives a taste in short the past little while of my life, how pathetic I can cram it into 4 paragraphs. I am challenging myself to be better at this, because if you recall, I am not a journal keeper and this is the closest thing to a journal for me! Maybe it will push me in the right direction to start actually keeping a written record of my life for my future generations to read and laugh at how not interesting my life is! Anywayyyyy I have a topic for a post soon to come that I will probably write tomorrow, (teaser- I got my wisdom teeth removed yesterday and I am sure we can all just picture how well I handled that whole ordeal.) I know in reality that a very few, if any people besides my mom will actually read this blog, but I know one thing for sure- my mom WILL inform me of any and all grammatical errors I may post and I will be an embarrassment to my family name and my grandmother, the other grammar nazi.

Night y'all! Dreaming of solid foods... sighh. 



No comments:

Post a Comment