Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 3: My Siblings and Parents!

Okay! Today's post is a GREAT one!! It's about my most favorite people in the whole world! I have a super fabulous family that anyone would kill to be a part of! There are 8 kids and my mom and dad, and I couldn't be more blessed! I love my fam jam so so SO much that it hurts just thinking about them and how far away I am from them!! Gosh! 3 weeks from today I will be home so WOOPEEE!!


Ok, so lets get started.

My Dad!

My dad is so cool! He is literally the coolest and best dad EVER!! My mom and dad grew up together in a small town, and were actually neighbors when they started dating! He got baptized after meeting my mom and they got married and the rest is history! My dad flies airplanes, and probably still would if it weren't for all of us kids, because he loves flying! That right there already shows the beginning of everything that he has sacrificed for our family. He is very smart, and wise, and logical. He has THE GREATEST sense of humor. I mean, if he can't make you laugh, nothing can. He loves bee's! Growing up he always had bee's on a bee farm making honey and stuff, and it was one of his hobbies. My dad picked me up from sleepovers when I got home sick, taught me how to drive at the Cooking Lake airport, and is always the one to buy my new health insurance for each new semester. He is the hardest worker. No joke. I only recently realized how much work my dad does. He is so loving and forgiving and generous. I feel like ever since I moved away from home we have grown even closer, which is weird, but he never misses an opportunity to tell me how proud he is of me or how much he loves me. I'm so proud of my dad and wish everyone was as lucky as my family is to have him.

My Mom!
 This is my mamma. She is such a babe! Seriously, the most beautifully, talented lady ever. She is a great singer, dancer and performer. She is also a great mom. She was literally born to be a mom. Hence her 8 kids :) She was Mrs. Fort St John when she was 18, so that is obviously where I got my pageant skills from ;) She could have gone far as a performer, but like my dad, gave it all up for us. She sacrifices so much for my family to make us the best family we can be, and I could only hope to be half as wonderful as she is when I grow up! My mom is the one who stays up with us when we're throwing up all night, corrects my grammar and spelling mistakes, and is always the one who can put things into perspective when everything seems like the biggest deal. She is so patient and smart and strong! I love being around her, whether it be actually doing stuff, or simply talking or grocery shopping. I would be so lost without her. 

Braden & Becca

This is my big brudder Braden and his wife and my new sister Becca. Braden is a really super brother and has always jsut been "the cool" guy. Everybody loves him he is just a big goof. He is crazy funny, and he knows it ;) He is smart and brave and awesome and a great example to all of his younger siblings. He is so protective and loving, and understanding and forgiving. I love having him around because he makes me feel safe :) He will make a great dad.

Andrea & Eddie Diaz AND BABY SOPHIA

My big sis Andrea is really like, perfect I'd say. She is so beautiful. She has always been close to me and has always been a huge example to me too. She married my now hermano Eddie, and they now have a beautiful baby Sophia Carmen Diaz. Andrea is very patient, and loving and mom-ish. She volunteered in with orphans in Equador before she got married and still loves and supports those babies!! She's all cute and home-maker-ish and I love her!! She is so neat :)

Jenae Maxine
This is my younger sister Jenae, or, Jean-vie-ev as I like to call her! She is ALSO a babe-o-licious babe and I am so jealous of her! She is so lovely and funny and obviously stunning, but she is also stubborn and loving and mom-ish too!  She will make a great mom one day, but will do great things as well! She is hilariously goofy and confident. She is so brave and wonderful, and simply the greatest. I love talking to her and listening to her talk and being best of friends!

Carter Gordon

Ok, so this is my LITTLE brother Carter, who stands over 6 feet tall. He is such a studly stud-muffin. Seriously, so cute, but also SUCH  a good guy. He is so funny and brilliant! He is way mature for a 15 year old and responsible. He is so great with little kids, and will make a wonderful missionary and dad one day! We have such good times together, and we like to tell each other all our secrets :) Oh! He's also a great ballroom dancer!

Tanner Jay
Wow, where to begin with this little guy! Tanner is the FUNNIEST kid you will ever encounter, and can literally have an entire conversation with you by only quoting quotes from movies. Literally. It's so fantastic! He is so sweet and charming and dramatic. Haha I LOVE this boy and his joyful, happy, and sensitive soul! He is so responsible and brave for such a cute little boy :) He's great at basketball and he is such a great little friend to have around. And when I say little, I don't actually mean that. He's 13, but still. He will always be my little baby Tanner!

Savanna Rae
 

Ohhhh man. Savanna Rae is my other little sister. But sometimes I think she is even more mature than I am! She is so independent and resilient and such a leader. She is UNBELIEVABLY creative and crafty and scrapbook-y. So very talented and BEAUTIFUL and confident. Seriously, so amazing this lil girl is. She will also make a great mom one day. I feel like all my sisters have that "nurturing" and motherly qualities. So jealous!  I love Savanna and couldn't imagine our family without her!!

Avery Elizabeth
Babee Abee!!! Ok, this little babee girl is the little princess of our family. She is the youngest girl and is and always will be the baby of the fam :) She is so spectacular! She is hilarious and adorable and GENIUS! She is the smartest 4 year old you will ever ever have the pleasure of meeting! She is also so sweet and precious and joyous! I cannot imagine our family without this lil angel and I just LUUUUUUUV her!!

Ok, so sorry about the length of this post, but hey! What do you expect? I have a huge family and could go on forever about how wonderfully fabulous they are! I LOVE them to pieces and I thank my Heavenly Father every single day for them and that I got so darn lucky to be in this family.












3 comments:

  1. oh kaitlin, that jus made my day!You said so many nice things about all of us!And i would like to point out that you totally stole my line"my dad is so cool!"but thats ok I dont mind if you borrowed it!
    love,
    your mommy-ish, home maker-ish sister Andrea
    ps when you say "mommy-ish"do you mean like she is kinda like a mom or she is a mom and does everything like a mom....?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh la la la! Love it all! And I can just picture you saying all those things in your Kaitlin Way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good God...You make me sick! Get a life!

    ReplyDelete